Saturday, December 12, 2009

Crush On You Chapter 1:Memories Part 1

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
As I sat on the bus on my way to school,I closed my eyes thinking about the memories these past few years.A few years ago,I was back in the Philippines but then suddenly,everything was changed when my family had an opportunity to move to Canada.Philippines is the place where I was born.It's the place I have always loved.My heart belongs there.It was the place where I spent my childhood,the place I've made friends,the place I've seen how beautiful the world is,the place where I've experienced life and the place I've learned to dream.It was the second week of January 2006 when I heard the news that were going to Canada.I knew that we applied there years ago but that was years ago and I was only six when we applied.I never thought that the day would come that I had to leave my home country.I was at school at that time,currently in sixth grade and eleven years old.It was math class.I was listening to my teacher,Ms.Mendoza,explaining on how to solve a math problem.Someone knocked at the door of our classroom.A classmate of mine opened the door and I was surprised to see that my mother was at the door.I was thinking at that time,"What is she doing in here?What's the matter?,"I thought to myself.Ms.Mendoza quickly came to my mother to ask the matter.After a few minutes of them talking,Ms.Mendoza called me,"Cyndi Wang,your mom wants to talk to you!"she said.I stood up from where I was sitting and quickly walked through the door."Honey,I just received our "VISA" today.We can go to Canada now!"mother said.I was shocked that I was speechless.I just pretended to smile even though thoughts have come true my mind."What's it like there?What about my friends,my classmates,my relatives?I'll have to leave them just like that?"I thought to myself.I wanted to cry that time but I forced myself not to.I don't want to show them any of my emotions.It's better to keep quiet and say nothing.After awhile I started to spoke."What about my final exams?March is the end of school year.How would I graduate then?"I said."Well Cyndi,we'll advance your final exams so that you could graduate."Ms.Mendoza said."But I'm afraid we'll have to leave in the second week of February my dear."mother said."Then I suggest that you talk to the other teachers of Cyndi and then we can discuss what to do next.Do you already have an exact date of flight Mrs.Wang?"Ms.Mendoza asked."Yes,we have already booked in the 8th of February."mother said."Then we'll do our best to make Cyndi take her final exams before February 8."Ms.Mendoza said.My mother talked to my other subject teachers to settle the date of the final exams.They gave me reviewers to review for the final exam.I studied but let's just say I'm not that focused.I was depressed especially when my friends and classmates found out about it.I took my exams though I didn't know if I did good or bad because I never got the results.Time flew by easily that each day I wake up,it's getting near and nearer to the date of my flight.I have never gone to an airplane before and that makes me feel kind of excited yet sad.I don't even know which emotion should rise up.The excitement because I have never been out of the country before and I wonder,"Is there really another country?Does another country exist?"I thought to myself.I felt sadness because I have never been away from my relatives,classmates and friends and I don't want to leave them.This is the place where I grew up and I'm happy with that.I don't even care if I'll be stuck in this country forever.I'm happy as I am now.I couldn't ask for more.After a few days,the time has come where I had to say goodbye to my classmates,teachers and friends.It was February 7th in the year 2006.I brought them siopao(CHINESE FOOD) and softdrinks as a treat to them also to my teachers.As I was about to leave,they gave me something.Something that I will treasure forever in my heart.They gave me their pictures and some letters of friendship saying goodbye and that they'll never forget me.They even drew pictures of an airplane.I was about to left the school with my dad when suddenly my classmates especially my friends hugged me tightly and they started crying.I don't know how to express my feelings at that time but I just realized that I was crying too.I don't want to cry but it's just that these emotions are so strong,to think that it could be the last time that I would see them again.I might never see them again or it would probably take a couple of years before we meet again.I hugged them as tightly as I could and we all promised each other that we'll be friends forever and that we won't forget each other even though we're million miles away.It was the most sad part of my life as I exit my school where I have studied since kindergarten for almost eight years now.It feels like I have ended the most important chapter of my life which is "friendship."I wonder if I'll see them again or if we'll still be friends after we've been separated.That night,I went to my best friend's house who's been my best friend for about a year and a half.Her name is Danica.We've been classmates for two years and we became best friends because we have lots in common I guess.We have been closed friends since the fieldtrip at our school because were seatmates on the bus.It was my first time to visit her house.My parents,my aunt and my niece,Zyra,accompanied me.It was the happiest moment in my childhood,we had lots of fun before I go.We ate dinner together for the first time.We rode in the tricycle for the first time too.I gave her a gift last Christmas,it was a big foot pillow and then I gave her another one that night which is a valentine mug since that time was almost valentine.She didn't gave me any material thing in return and I'm happy with that,instead she gave me a letter with her picture on it.Danica told me to just read the letter later because we don't want to cry again when we say goodbye.That night,I,Danica,her sister,Ally and Zyra,kept shouting all night some crazy jokes to make ourselves happy.That was the best part of night and I've enjoyed it so much.It's the most unforgettable moment of my life.When I think about it now,I want to do it again if I could just repeat my life again,I'd agree.When the night was over,I was so exhausted but still I'm happy that my last moments in the Philippines were spent with my best friend ever,Danica.I kept all the souvenirs that my friends gave me and I putted them on my luggage.When we got home,I took a bath.I stared at our washroom.I was thinking,"This is the last time that I would take a bath in here.It would take years again before I came back."I thought to myself while crying again.I love my house so much and I would miss it too.If I could just bring my house to Canada,I would.After I took a bath,I sat on the couch wandering.I didn't notice that I fell asleep.As I woke up,my parents said were leaving now and were going to the airport.That time,I forgot I was going to Canada.I forgot about my grandma.I didn't even said goodbye to her.I never said goodbye to anyone.I was still half-asleep that time.I thought I was only going somewhere like a fieldtrip or something.As I entered the van,I still fell asleep.Hours passed and I was awake.I just saw that were outside the Ninoy Aquino International Airport in Manila.The sun hasn't rise yet.It was only 4AM.My parents told me were checking-in at 5:30AM.I was able to talk to my aunt who came with us to the airport.I was very sad though outside,I look calm and fine.Time is so fast that we had to check-in the airport.I have never been inside the airports before but all I knew is that airports is where people board and depart.We checked-in and I was on my way to the airplane.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a real story though I've changed the names of the characters in here but all of this has happened to me in real life.Though I will make some changes on the part where the guys would fall in love with Cyndi.That's the only change I would made but all of these are true.Thank you for reading!I would like to know your thoughts about this story.-mbwzy-

No comments:

Post a Comment