Sunday, December 13, 2009

Crush On You Chapter 2:Memories Part 2

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I entered the airport,I was amazed to see that the airport was so big that I think I could get lost.There were lots of people carrying their luggages.I was carrying a small dark blue bag.Inside,was the souvenirs of my classmates and friends.My parents put our luggages into a machine that keeps going and going.They told me that we'll pick it up later when we reach Canada.Then,we went through a machine that x-rays hand carry and then we were inspected by some people for harmful devices like nail cutter or knives.They want to make sure that their passengers will be safe during the flight.Our flight was exactly at 9AM.The process in the airport are tiring and it's a long process to get to the bottom.We had to wait for about two hours more when we reached the waiting are.I asked my parents if I could call my best friend,Danica.I forgot that she told me to call her before I go.They agreed and gave me money to buy a phone card.Luckily,there were stores of phone cards in that place.I called her about 7:30 in the morning at a telephone booth.The phone rang twice and someone answered the phone."Hello?"a woman's voice answered."I knew it was Danica's mom."Hello!This is Cyndi.I'm at the airport right now.Is Danica there?"I said."Oh Cyndi!It's you!Well she went to school early this morning.Would you like to leave a message?"Danica's mom said."Sure!Could you please tell her that I'm gonna miss her and I'll try to call her again as soon as I get there."I said.Danica's mom agreed and hanged up the phone.I bought some snacks while waiting for 9AM.At about 8:30AM,the stewardess paged our flight.We went inside the door,the door that will lead me through the airplane.I felt kinda sad that I wasn't able to talk to Danica but that moment,I was so excited to see the airplane and what the inside of it looks like.As we reached the end of the hall,there were two stewardess that kept greeting and greeting people who passed by.As we reached them,my mom showed her the plane ticket and then she let us in.My eyes grew wide and I feel like exploding because I can't believe that I'm inside the airplane though I don't have a camera that time because I was only eleven years old.We find our seats and then we put the seat belt on.I put my hand carry below because I want to read Danica's letters and my other friends as well.Too bad,I wasn't near the airplane window because we were seated on the middle of the plane.I was amazed that the airplane has a small television on them and I've always wanted a mini tv like that.There was also a remote that could switch channel or listen to music.It was my first time seeing those.At exactly 9AM,the airplane started to move while the stewardess are explaining procedures on how to put seat belts on and what to do during an emergency on the plane.The airplane moves faster and faster and at last,we were flying.I feel like flying.I don't know how to say it in words but I'm so happy that I get to ride on the airplane.It was my first time after all.We were to stopover at HongKong.I tried to peek at the other's windows even though I'm far away from them and I could see the Philippine Islands they're all green.After awhile,all I could see are white clouds.I wonder if they have a bathroom here.The flight was three hours.I decided to look at the letters of my classmates and friends.They were all very touching.I wanted to cry but I can't because my parents are beside me.I don't want them to see me like that because I would cry even more and I don't want them to feel pity or guilty about moving to Canada.I started to feel sad as I read my best friend's letter.I wish we didn't have to move.I don't know what adjustments I should make as I get there but all I know is that there will be a lot of adjustments.I wish this was only a fieldtrip that when this airplane lands,I'm back at Philippines again.They said,there are many pine trees and lots of snows in Canada and it's very cold to live there but I'm fine with it if I don't see one pine trees or snows.I've already seen them on pictures and I'm happy about that because at least,I know what it looks like but I didn't plan to see them in real life.I just watched some cartoons on the mini television to forget about my homesick.It made me feel a bit happy and not think about it for awhile.The stewardess offered us foods and drinks and some snacks too.After about an hour or so,we landed to HongKong.I grabbed my hand carry and off I go.We went again into a long hallway and it's another airport again.My parents told me that this is HongKong.We'd be here for a couple of hours to wait for the next flight.Now I believed that another country really exists.We did some processes again like the x-rays and the checking for harmful materials and we reached the waiting area again.The building was filled with glasses that you could see the other airplanes refueling.I also saw a mountain and I asked my parents about the mountain."What is that mountain?"I said."That's Philippines,Cyndi."my mom said."We've just crossed Philippines."my dad said."Ohh...I thought it was a mountain."I said.I thought to myself,"I've just left Philippines.I want to go back to that land that I thought was a mountain.I'm so far away now even though I could still see some of it's land."I already want to go back at that time even if I have to swim through the ocean and get bitten by sharks,I'd do it just to get back but I know to myself that it's impossible because in the first place,I don't even know how to swim.The stewardess called the flight again.That flight was the longest flight ever.It took like sixteen hours from HongKong to Vancouver,Canada.The stewardess again offered us some food and drinks but that flight,there was no mini tv instead a big one.I didn't really like it because the show was not on cartoons.That time,I'm still not in the window seat.I just fell asleep not knowing because going onto a trip is really exhausting especially if you have lots of luggages.It was such a long day and finally we were landing at Canada.I tried to peek at others windows and saw some white thingy.I thought that it's snow.As we landed,we still have one more trip to go because Vancouver is just another stopover.What really our destination was was Winnipeg,Canada.The airport again was really big and there's like a huge fountain in the center of the airport which is really cool.There were lots of people.Lots of different nations,there's white,black,asian,etc.There was a big huge line and we had to line up for it to get our luggages.I was so tired of waiting and finally we got our turn.People kept speaking english and english all the time.Others are speaking their own languages which I do not understand.I was able to understand some of the english though but sometimes I don't understand because they speak too fast,too slang and since were only new to Canada as a landed immigrant.We got our luggages and we're off to another flight again.I'm so tired already at that time and still there's another flight.It was a five hour flight but the good thing on that flight is,I got to sit by the window.I was so happy to get to see much of the sceneries now than before.That flight,there was no mini tv again but at least,I get to sit by the window which is a good thing and I enjoyed it.I saw the snow from the outside of the window.I wonder,what does snow feel like?is it soft?is it hard?I really wonder that time.I want to make a snowman like the ones I saw on american films.I wish this was all just a dream.Let's say a beautiful nightmare that I was only sleeping and when I wake up,I'm on my bed at my house again just like any other day but this is not a dream,this is reality and all of this is happening to me.I fell asleep again and when I woke up,I was almost kissing the window.It was already dark.I could see some lights from below that is similar to the light of a candle.I asked my mom and dad."Are we at the cemetery?"I was half-asleep so I don't know what I was saying.I'm still sleepy at that time."No it's not.That's just the lights below.The lights of the streets."my dad said."Oh I thought we're landing at a cemetery."I said.My mom giggled and couldn't stop laughing at me.I'm like c'mon,I was still sleepy so I forgot we we're at the airplane.We landed at Winnipeg at about 7PM.My aunt who lives in Canada for almost twenty-seven years now was there to accompany us.I was so dead tired and I wondered where would we live now?She gave us thick coats and we were ready to go outside.She brought some of her family friends too to help us with our luggages.I and my mom went outside the airport in Winnipeg while my dad and my aunt's friends,help him with the luggages.I was shocked.For the first time,I was stepping on real snow.I couldn't believe it.I am seeing snow though it's really cold like I could get frozen at that moment.We went into the parking lot with my aunt.We rode on her grey car and we waited for my dad and the other who brought their own cars too.The place feels very new and different to me.I can't explain much of the sceneries that I saw since it was night already and it's very hard to see the sceneries but most of them are covered in snow.I kept thinking,what's the time in the Philippines right now?If I was there right now,I'm probably at school with my friends and classmates.I wonder how are they.I promised to myself that when I came back to Philippines,I would cherish each moment with my relatives especially my grandma since I forgot to say goodbye to her.How silly of me.She's the only grandma I have,all of my grandparents are now in heaven yet I still forgot about her.If I could just tell her how much I love her.I was thinking,I shouldn't be lonely.I'll try to be happy.They won't be happy seeing me like this instead,I'll make them my inspirations in life.To achieve a goal,I will always think about them because everything I do,I dedicate it to them.We reached a ten-floor apartment.My aunt said were going to live there for now.My aunt's friends helped us with our luggages.They served us dinner.There's chicken and many lots of foods.They told us to eat as much as we can because were tired from the trip.Then they had some chatting though I really don't talk that much.After that night,all of them left except for my parents.We had to sleep in one bed though I'm used to it since childhood.I never had my own bed ever.We only had one room in our apartment although the room is big that looks like two bedrooms.My mom slept in the middle and my dad on the other side.I was laying down on the other side beside my mom.I was looking at the window.I saw the big full moon.I kept staring at it thinking,the moon and the sun are very lucky because they can reach any countries whenever they wanted.Then,I looked at the stars,they were gleaming brightly.I smiled while crying quietly.I smiled because I know that those stars would reached my loved ones and my friends.I hope that they would smile too when they see the stars.I hope it will make them happy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a real story though I've changed the names of the characters in here but all of this has happened to me in real life.Though I will make some changes on the part where the guys would fall in love with Cyndi.That's the only change I would made but all of these are true.If you wonder when will Jiro,Xiu and Danson comes,they will on the school part.Thank you for reading!I would like to know your thoughts about this story.-mbwzy-

No comments:

Post a Comment